Being someone who is ultra conservative, I am probably the worse type of person to be in retail.
I thought running a shop is simple- present a good product, customer who likes it buys. There we create trade and make a living for ourselves, or at least that is how I envisioned the retail scene to be. I thought it is as simple as buying coffee from the coffeeshop uncle. No gimmicks, no marketing, not trying to save the world… just plain coffee. But I was wrong –
- My coffee needs to be packed nicely, the coffee doesn’t matter, the packaging does.
- My coffee needs to be the best tea that anyone can have.
- I need influencers taking photos with my coffee.
- I need to go digital.
- My coffee needs to save the entire coffee industry.
- My coffee needs to be made through some collaboration scheme.
- I am selling another poor coffee maker’s coffee and earning his cut.
- I need to create a coffee exhibition/festival watever.
omg! I just wanna sell coffee.